Friday, April 1, 2011

Unintended message...

I've heard that some may have read in my last post that you joined the military out of high school if you weren't very smart and couldn't do anything else...this was not my intended message, nor is it what I believe.

However, at my school...through guidance couselors and such...the military was not represented as recommended choice for "good" students. Through my time at the Corps, working at Fort Lewis, and deploying to Afghanistan...I have come to realize that the military is chock full of wonderful, smart, caring people...

The article I referenced on msnbc affected me deeply as the "crazed heartless soldier" gets lots of press...while the kind, intelligent soldiers that faithfully stand up for our country get much less.

Ok, short post today...just wanted to clarify any unintended messages...in short I have the utmost respect for those that have chosen to serve...

No comments:

Post a Comment